Communication to Families 20 mins Late Arrival Early Dismissal
Welcome back letter
September 3, 2015
Dear Lafayette Families:
Welcome Back to another exciting year at Lafayette Elementary School!
Many of you have enquired about the Entrance and Exit Procedures for our school. Below are the Entrance and Exit procedures for all students on the first day of school and all subsequent days:
Wednesday, September 8, 2015
All parents may escort their child to their classroom on the first day of school. Kindergarten parents may escort their children for the first week of school.
Tea and Tissues for Kindergarten parents will take place in the Cafeteria following drop off on the first day of school.
Kindergarten students will enter and exit the school as they have always done 5 minutes before Grade 1 to 5 @ 9:20 a.m. They are also released 5 minutes before Grade 1-5 @ 3:35 p.m.
All other Classes:
9:25 a.m. Bell to Enter School
3:40 p.m. Dismissal Bell
Beginning on Thursday, September 10th 2015, All Grade 1 to 5 students are expected to be outside on the playground and not in the school before the bell rings. At 9:25 a.m., students will line up on their classroom number on the playground. All students will be escorted into the school by either their first period teacher or a grade level teacher. All classes have been assigned a main entrance and exit door to access the school. Please review the attached policy for door assignment. This change will ensure that the entrance issue through one door has been addressed.
Kindergarten students will be picked up in the Garden Area by their teacher at 9:20 am and they will be escorted to the Garden Ares at 3:35 pm.
For afternoon dismissal including the first day, all students will be escorted out to the playground by their teacher for dismissal. No students will be allowed to exit out the front door of the school, unless they are riding a bike. Again for further information please review the attached policy.
The door lock and buzzer system on our front door will be used after the start of the school day on Wednesday, September 8th 2015. All Lafayette community members and visitors will be buzzed into the school starting at 9:10 a.m. daily.
Lafayette Elementary School Entrance Procedures for 2015-2016
Regular Morning Entrance Procedures:
- All students will be picked up by a grade level teacher at 9:25 am on the playground.
- All students need to line up on their room numbers on the playground once the bell has rung.
- Students are not to be in the lobby of the school, even if they are with their parents.
- We will be using 3 entrances to the school to maximize student safety when entering the building.
- Rooms 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 will enter through the North Hallway Doors.
- Rooms 4, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 will enter through the Double doors by the Movement Room.
- Rooms 21, 22, 23, 24 will enter through the West Wing doors.
- Portables will enter as normal to their classrooms.
- Kindergarten students enter the building as they always have in the past.
- Rooms 25 and 26 will enter through the West Wing Doors
- Rooms 1 and 2 will enter through the Garden Doors.
- Kindergarten students will be will be escorted to the Garden Area at 3:35 pm for pickup.
Rainy Day Recess Procedures:
- All students will go to their assigned areas: Gym or Lunchroom.
- All teachers will pick up their students and escort them to their classrooms at 9:25 a.m.
- Kindergarten teachers will pick up their students and escort them to their classrooms at 9:20 a.m.
- Students are not to be in the lobby of the school after 9:10 a.m., even if they are with their parents.
- When exiting the building for lunch recess, all students will use their assigned doors to leave the building.
- When exiting and entering for p.m. recess, all students will use their assigned doors.
- All Students will be escorted out of the building by their teacher and dismissed on the playground at 3:40 p.m. using their assigned entrance doors.
- Students will not be dismissed to the lobby of the school.