To Our Incoming Kindergarten Families
The kindergarten team at Lafayette is so excited to meet you and welcome your little ones to school here in the fall. Our goal is to make sure you and your child are feeling comfortable about what to expect, and we look forward to getting to know you this year. To our returning families, welcome back! We look forward to continuing our partnerships with you.
Some important information
- No Jump Start: Lafayette will not be participating in Jump Start this year. Our building is undergoing renovations over the summer that will last until the beginning of the school year. However…
- Family Connections: We will absolutely have a chance to meet (either in person or remotely, TBD) before the school year starts. We look forward to meeting with you and your child to get to know you better, find out more about your child, and answer any questions you may have.
- Your Child’s Teacher: You will be receiving a postcard from the school in late August letting you know who your child’s kindergarten teacher will be. Once postcards have gone out, you can expect to receive communication from the teacher regarding scheduling a Family Connections meeting and other information about the start of the school year.
- First Day of School: The first official day of kindergarten is Thursday, September 9th, 2021 (please note that kindergarten starts later than other grade levels). Kindergarten has been given this extra time in order to meet with families and help prepare students for the beginning of the year.
- School Supplies: Visit our School Supplies page for information for all grade levels.
The kindergarten supply list is also included below for your convenience.
We know kindergarten is a big milestone in your child’s life, and we can’t wait to work with you to ensure that your child has a successful (and fun) year!
The Lafayette Kindergarten Team
Kindergarten School Supply List
- Pencil box
- 3 plastic folders (1 red, 1 yellow, 1 blue)
- 1 box of crayons (preferably large crayons)
- 1 box dry erase markers
- 1 set of markers
- 1 set of colored pencils
- 1 box of pencils (preferably Ticonderoga brand)
- 1 pair of scissors
- 1 glue stick (preferably purple glue)
- 1 pencil sharpener (with shavings container attached)
- 1 eraser
- 3 primary notebooks (View example with lines on bottom, illustration space on top)