News and Events
Seattle Public Schools announces
Parent University for Elementary Math
Seattle Public Schools is excited to announce a terrific opportunity for busy families to learn more about our new elementary math program, Math in Focus.
Math in Focus trainers will
• share the framework for the Singapore approach, the basis for the Math in Focus program.
• provide strategies families may use at home to support students in their learning.
When: Thursday, October 9, 6:30 – 8 p.m.
Where: 5 locations around the district
• Eckstein Middle School Auditorium
• Washington Middle School Lunchroom
• West Seattle High School Auditorium
• Whitman Middle School Auditorium
• Van Asselt Elementary School Auditorium
Seattle Public Schools Interim Superintendent Dr. Larry Nyland to host meet and greet opportunities for families, students, staff and the community
Dr.Larry Nyland, who was appointed by the School Board in June to serve as Interim Superintendent, has outlined several opportunities this fall to meet with community members.
These informal gatherings will include a few short remarks from Dr. Nyland, followed by time for an open question and answer period.
“I look forward to continuing to get to know our students, families, staff and community members,” Dr. Nyland said. “I want to hear from our school communities about what’s going well in our schools, where we can improve and how I can best serve this school district’s mission of ensuring every student graduates prepared for college, career and life.”
The following one-hour informal meetings are open to the public:
· Wednesday, October 1 from 8:30-9:30 a.m. at John Muir Elementary, 3301 S. Hornton St., Seattle WA 98144 (Spanish, Somali, Vietnamese interpreters will be available)
· Monday, October 27 from 6-7 p.m. at Yesler Community Center, 917 E Yesler Way Seattle, WA 98122 (Spanish, Somali, Vietnamese, Tagalog, Tigrigna interpreters will be available)
· Tuesday, October 28 from 6-7 p.m. at Northgate Community Center, 10510 5th Ave NE Seattle, WA 98125 (Spanish and Somali interpreters will be available)
For American Sign Language, please send an email 72 hours in advance to Bernardo Ruiz firstname.lastname@example.org
Letter in English Letter in Spanish Letter in Somali
Lafayette Elementary School